Picture © JEP/ LMC
Spa Round: Highlights of the Belgian week
LMC - 25/09/2019
- Sophie LIGER
The Spa round was once again full of action; here are the highlights of this thrilling week:
- Kessel Racing took its third victory of the season and the Italian team is leading the GT3 championship with 105 points.
- In LMP3, Lanan Racing is now the leader of the championship with 91 points, which means that the Portimão round will be the decisive race for the title hunt.
- Luzich Racing and DKR Engineering, both second of the championship in their class, took their third pole position of the season in Spa.
- Ross Gunn at the wheel of the n°99 Beechdean AMR Aston Martin Vantage set a new Michelin Le Mans Cup GT3 lap record with a 2m18.672 lap of the 7km Spa-Francorchamps circuit. His teammate, Andrew Howard started from last on the grid and did a dramatic stint to give his Aston Martin Vantage to Ross Gunn in second place.
- The LMPH2G of H24 Racing did his first laps in free practice and its first refuelling at the brand-new hydrogen Total Station, a world premiere!